Been too long

Didn't mean to go a month without writing something. I think I was waiting on something super awesome to come up but let's be honest about life: it's moments of excitement buffered by long periods of boredom. No one is super exciting every day but I do get those who want to be the adrenaline junkies and stay in that moment as long as possible.

I can say that's never really been my life, though. If anything, I'm really hoping for a place to call home, physically and spiritually. Lately, I've found a joy in going to jiu-jitsu and making an effort to get back into really good shape. I also want to shake up any stagnancy in my life. I've gotten pictures framed that I've been staring at for months or years so I can hang them up and enjoy them. I'm going to get to that comic book room and put a TV up in there so I can say I did it.

I'm probably not saying this well enough but I just want to do stuff. And I want the stuff to stick. I want stuff to evolve in my life and I want to evolve with it. At the end I just hope I'm a little better for all and I hope I'm helping people get better as well. I just want anything I'm doing to be worth something.

Not trying to sound morbid. This stuff has been on my mind a lot lately. Am I being a good husband? Brother? Friend? Have I stretched myself too far to be good at any of it? Should I draw back from making friends? Is there a shelf life on when you should do that?

No easy answers but I guess the fun of it is figuring out as best as you can what those answers are for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the Experience

Five Years at FTW - Lessons Learned

Clerks